Chanel Perfection Lumière Foundation

| 0 Comments


For the past few months, I didn't wear any foundation because it didn't seem to make any noticeable difference to me.  But when Chanel launched their new foundation, Perfection Lumière, I decided to give it a try.

I have used Mat Lumière and Vitalumière Aqua previously.  They were good but not good enough to make a huge difference - Mat Lumière was ok but I found lasting power wasn't that great, Vitalumière Aqua was a bit too much like a tinted moisturiser for me.


I was offered two samples at the Chanel counter, Beige 30 & 40, and was very glad the sales assistant did so.  Perfection Lumière offers an unprecedented colour range for Chanel foundations, and as a result I found colours vary from the usual shading scale.

In the photo below, you can see Perfection Lumière is more yellow based than Mat Lumière & Mat Lumière.  There is also a big difference between 30 Beige & 40 Beige.  Beige 30 ended up being a better match for me - the UK winter made me a bit paler and Perfection Lumière runs a bit darker than the other foundations.


Colours aside, what impressed me was the finish and the lasting power of Perfection Lumière.  I would say Perfection Lumière is medium/full coverage (depending on how much you apply) and gives a slightly velvet matte finish, whilst still reflecting light in such a way that made my skin look almost perfect.  Even my boyfriend noticed I looked better than usual but couldn't quite point out what it was.

I have oily/combination skin and this foundation lasts the whole day for me.  Usually I look shiny by mid afternoon but with Perfection Lumière, sometimes I wouldn't need to touch up until six o'clock.

The only thing I dislike about this foundation is the smell.  The foundation is fragranced and smells like the Hydramax moisturisers (a fresh peachy smell which I love).  But I've found the fragrance serves to mask a smell that is apparent when you first apply the foundation.  The strange smell only lasts for maybe two seconds but it still bothers me.

I personally love this foundation but have read conflicting reviews on Makeupalley (emphasising flakey skin/oxidisation etc), so please try this foundation while they still have samples of every shade at the counters.

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...