Tom Ford In The Pink and She Wolf Eye Ombré Eye Color Trios

| 1 comment


I saw promotional images of these Tom Ford trios and knew I had to have them. Even though I don't wear eyeshadow all that often. And even though they are ridiculously expensive at £50 each.



At the counter, I didn't even really swatch them because I had already studied seen swatch photos on my favourite blogs.  They looked just as beautiful in person.  So much so I had to update on here and share with you guys*.



Trying to buy just one was too hard.  I knew I would wear She Wolf more - it is neutral and more 'basic', but I also wanted In The Pink as I don't really have anything like it.  So common sense did not prevail and I bought both.


In The Pink #01 is not really pink.  It leans more toward peach so it is much more flattering than the name suggests.  The left shade is very light and doesn't really show up on my lids.  The middle shade is lovely but I find it sometimes looks a bit 'gritty' - but I do emphasise looks - it is not gritty in texture at all.  It still makes for a lovely eye brightening wash and an inner corner highlight for me.  The right shade is quite sparkly - I like to press my finger lighty on it and then apply to my eyelid.  It is perfect to changing a day look to a night look. (BTW I did not notice when I took my photos - even Tom Ford rely on made in China bits).


She Wolf #02 is what I would naturally gravitate towards - a neutral taupe/smokey palette with a bit of sparkle.  I use the middle shade all over my lid, and the left shade for liner/crease.  Again I use right shade for night time and apply with my finger lightly.


I really like these trios and would recommend them to those who love/collect high end makeup.

I have not done any swatch photos but please refer to these blogs:

The Beauty Look Book
Cafe Makeup here and here
Temptalia here and here




*Now.  I must apologise for my absence from this blog.  I have received lots of comments and emails asking about what's happened and why I've decided not to blog anymore.  In the past year, a lot has happened in my personal life.  But I also fell out of love with blogging.  It was no longer a hobby and felt like more of a chore.  I felt like I had to buy makeup just to review for the blog, rather than buying something when I genuinely liked/wanted something.  Don't get me wrong - I'm definitely still into makeup but I buy a lot less of it now.

And now for another bit of news.  I am moving once again and this time it is overseas.  Now being a former beauty blogger, I have a lot of makeup.  A lot that I neglect and no longer use.  It just doesn't make sense to box all of them and ship them, so I'm going to have a blog sale again.  There will be some Chanel, Nars and Becca, so please have a look once the post is up!

x Sylvie

One Comment

  1. i hope you will decide to blog again once you've settled in after the move! I really loved your posts :)

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...